Monday, December 3, 2012

Vegetarian traveling to Disney? No problem!

As a Walt Disney World passholder I am constantly traveling to Disney for weekend fun! I am happy to say that my recent visits to the park as a vegetarian have been very pleasurable. Vegetarians know how frustrating it is to go to a restaurant, and have only a salad as an option as your meal. You will not have to worry about that at any of the Walt Disney World parks!

In October hubby and I did out annual trip to the Epcot Food and Wine fest. I was a little nervous because I was hoping that each country had a vegetarian option so I can get the same eating around-the-world experience as the non-vegetarians do. I am happy to say that MOST of the countries had a vegetarian option on the menu, and there was even a vegetarian booth amongst all the others! I am also happy that at the food and wine fest they give you small portions of food so you can try all the different food from around the world. It was a delicious experience and my mouth is watering just typing about it! Below is a photo of one of my favorite vegetarian options. It was from South Africa and it's called a Spinach and Paneer cheese pocket.


This past weekend hubby and I went to the Magic kingdom to celebrate my mom's birthday. For lunch I was able to get a delicious veggie burger (YUM)! You can tell it was homemade and not frozen. I was a little nervous about dinner. I made reservations at a restaurant called  "Liberty Tree Tavern," which is a sit-down restaurant with table service buffet, which basically means they bring the buffet to your table. The menu only showed Pork, Turkey, and Roast beef on the menu with mashed potatos, mac and cheese, and seasonal veggies. I figured I would be fine with that and just eat everything but the meat, but when my dad mentioned to the waiter that I was vegetarian, the chef came out to our table and explained she was going to prep a meal especially for me (and it was vegan!). It was a fried quinoa burger that had peas and carrots inside with sweet potato fries. Such great service and it was DEEELISH!

So my fellow vegetarians if you are planning a trip to disney in the near future, have no fear you won't have to only eat salad and you will not starve!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment