Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hello World.

Hello world. I decided to create this blog to share my journey into vegetarianism. I know, I have been a vegetarian before, but with much research and watching a few different documentaries (no not from PETA) I have decided to do it again, but the right way this time.  I say the RIGHT way because the first few times I became vegetarian I did it without much research and knowledge of what I should be eating.  On this blog I plan to share my recipes (both the ones I have created, and ones I have found), helpful info, and support for others wanting to become vegetarian.

Here are a few helpful books to read (some also include yummy recipes), to help you with you vegetarian journey:
Forks Over Knives- Gene Stone (also a documentary to watch... you can find it on netflix)
The Kind Diet- Alicia Silverstone



Here are a few reasons I have decided to become vegetarian:
-I LOVE animals and don't want to eat a furry or feathered friend
-Health Reasons, lots of health benefits, lower blood pressure, cholesterol levels
-Makes me feel better
-I feel less bloated, yet still full after eating a meal.
-Better for the environment
-Lots more flavor varieties with fruits and veggies, than cows, pigs, and chickens
-I LOVE fruits, veggies, beans, and nuts.

I could go on FOREVER.... So now I ask you this question my fellow vegetarians, why did you become vegetarian? How long have you been a vegetarian?


No comments:

Post a Comment